What is sex therapy?
Sex therapy is a specialized form of psychotherapy that focuses on sexual issues, most often for
individuals in relationships (although you do not need to be in a relationship to seek sex therapy).
Commonly sex therapy will focus on a sexual dysfunction or major sexual communication problems
between partners. As your sex therapists we will try to help you develop a clearly defined issue. The
goal of therapy will be to work on that issue and resolve it, or find a way to make whatever problems
it causes have less of an impact on your life and sex life.
Sex therapy is generally brief, lasting anywhere from a few sessions to more than a dozen sessions.
Our approach to sex therapy is usually directive. We will be active, asking questions and often giving
direct suggestions, homework exercises, and information in an effort to support your goals
Why go to sex therapy?
Sex and intimacy problems are surprisingly common in relationships. Good sexual chemistry for
couples over the long term does not automatically occur like it does in the early phase of a
relationship (and in the movies), even if both people still care about each other. In order to create
lasting intimacy, couples need to learn new skills.
Some examples of issues that bring people to sex therapy are:
- Sexual trauma
- Lack of orgasm
- Difficulties with erections or ejaculation
- Problems with differing levels of desire in a couple
- Difficulties resulting from infidelities
- Sexual concerns as a result of illness or surgery
Sex Therapy will help you to
- Develop better sexual intimacy in your relationship
- Resolve sexual concerns that otherwise will continue to cause problems
- Improve sexual desire
- Dissolve tension regarding differences in desire so that you both feel fulfilled
- Make sexual intimacy something you each look forward to and brings you closer
You will learn…
- more patience, understanding, and compassion for yourself and your partner
- how to create passion, joy, romance, and intimacy
- how to communicate your needs clearly and ask for support to get your needs met
- how to make choices and take responsibility for your feelings and actions
To schedule a consultation please contact us.
Life Learning Center
Copyright © 2007
Felix Paulick and